May 31, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
Thanks to Georgia Tech and Parking & Transportation Services, the MARTA Pass Promotion will continue for the next fiscal year (July 2017 through June 2018) for employees using payroll deduction.
The monthly pass will be $67 during this period (regularly $75.50). Purchasing MARTA monthly fare through payroll deduction offers the convenience of using a permanent reloadable Breeze card, and the cost of the pass is deducted from the participant’s paycheck pre-tax, lowering taxable income.
Employees who are currently enjoying the MARTA Pass Promotion via payroll deduction need do nothing. The $67 amount will be shown on their June payroll.
Employees who are not currently part of the MARTA payroll deduction should read further.
Georgia Tech employees interested in the MARTA Pass Promotion for July passes must sign up for payroll deduction no later than June 4. Remember, those employees who are already part of the MARTA payroll deduction need do nothing. Other employees must sign up for payroll deduction to get this discounted MARTA Pass.
Georgia Tech employees signing up for payroll deduction after June 4 and through July 4, will receive the August MARTA Pass Promotion. Customers must enroll in payroll deduction by the 4th of a month to have a card for the next month.
Here’s what you need do to take advantage of this promotion:
- Sign up for Payroll Deduction on the TechWorks website - TechWorks.gatech.edu
- Login, using your Georgia Tech Account and Password.
Follow these step-by-step instructions for Payroll Deduction:
1. Click the dropdown menu to Expand the "My Payroll & Compensation."
2. Click Payroll & Compensation Home
3. Click "Voluntary Deductions."
4. Click "Add Deduction."
5. Click on the magnifying glass to search for the type of deduction.
6. Select MARTA Transportation Fee.
7. Monthly payroll participants enter $67.00; bi-weekly payroll participants enter $33.50
8. Enter Deduction Start Date. This should be the first through the fourth of the month the deduction should start. This deduction will continue until a deduction END date is entered (it is not necessary to enter an END date at this time. If you would like deductions to be ongoing, do not enter an END date). (Example: It is May 31. You want to purchase a pass for July, enter June 1. Your payroll deductions will begin in June, and you'll receive your first pass for July.
9. Press "Submit."
NOTE: You must sign-up for Payroll Deduction before the 4th of the month to take effect for the following month. For example, if you sign up before June 4th, your new Breeze card will become active July 1st. If you sign up after June 4th, your card will become active August 1st, etc.
• You’ll receive an email in the middle of the month instructing you to pick up your new Breeze card at Parking & Transportation Services (PTS). Hold on to this card - it’s automatically reloaded each month until you decide to stop deductions.
• To end or temporarily deactivate deductions, add an end date in TechWorks by the 4th of the month to take effect the next month.
• Lost or stolen payroll deduction Breeze cards can be replaced at PTS for a $5 fee. The remaining monthly funds will be loaded onto your new card.
• The $67 promotion will continue through June 2018. If you’d like to end your participation in payroll deduction at that time, the change must be made in TechWorks by May 4th, 2018 to end participation at the end of June. Otherwise, you’ll continue receiving funds on your Breeze card at the normal price of $75.50/month.
• This promotion is available only to Georgia Tech employees registering for payroll deduction. Monthly passes purchased from the BuzzCard Center are not eligible for this discount; those passes are still available at normal price to employees not wishing to enroll in payroll deduction.
• Current payroll deduction participants are already included in this promotion and are not required to do anything.
For more information, contact Parking &TransportationServices: email@example.com